[protege-dev] [Protege 3.4] Developing a plugin to visualize the FMA. Have a few question

Luchen luis.berrocal at pucp.pe
Tue Sep 16 15:06:06 PDT 2014

So as the title says, i'm trying to develop a plugin the visualizes a fairly
simple visualization model for the Foundational model of anatomy (
http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fm/AboutFM.html
<http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fm/AboutFM.html>   ) which has
been kind of problematic. I've tried searching and couldn't find an answer.

My problem began trying to set up the FMA  following this guide:
http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fma/release/v3.2/setup-protege.html
<http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fma/release/v3.2/setup-protege.html>
found here:
http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fma/release/versions.html
<http://sig.biostr.washington.edu/projects/fma/release/versions.html>

The first problem i encountered is that i couldn't open the .pprj file and
after being unable to find a way to do it i switched to Protegé 3.4. Now
comes my next problem. I cant seem to find plugin development documentation
for that version of protege and even though there are some projects out
there, it's easy to get overwhlemed by the source and i'm not too kin on
reusing large portions of code that i don't really understand.

If there's any documentation out there that could help me it'd be greatly
appreciated.