[protege-dev] [Protege 3.4] Developing a plugin to visualize the FMA. Have a few question

Luchen luis.berrocal at pucp.pe
Tue Sep 16 16:27:45 PDT 2014

Hi Tania!

I've tried using the OWL file in Protegé 5 but performance took a noticeable
hit when dealing with the FMA this way while Protegé 3.4 ran smoothly.
Though i have no actual knowledge of how either software actually works i'd
guess that it has something to do with response time of queing a local
database instance in the case of protege 3.4 (which one of the steps in the
setup) vs. loading and parsing the .owl file.

Is there anyway i can get around this? I'm checking the Protege 5
documentation as we speak just be ready, but would you personally recommend
developing this plugin for Protegé 4 or 5?