[protege-dev] [Protege 3.4] Developing a plugin to visualize the FMA. Have a few question

Luchen luis.berrocal at pucp.pe
Mon Sep 22 06:17:35 PDT 2014

Well. After having some conversations with my professor it seems that i'm
stuck with Protege 3.4 and there's no way around it. The plugin I intend to
develop in the following weeks, as I've said before, will look like the
following:
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4661469/example.png>
(Thanks to Tania pointing me towards Bioportal which i used for the crude
mock up)

Which leads me to a bunch of different questions, the main one being. Is it
possible? I've been trying to get around the documentation in the  Wiki
<http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege3DevDocs>   but i've failed to
find how to:
"Embed" the class viewer into my plugin.
Access information related to the highlighted/selected class.
Draw the graph itself.

What i've accomplished so far:
Display a new tab (following the tutorial on the wiki which pretty much lays
it out for me). I'm playing around with what i can do with the tab but so
far i'm gotten little to no progress with my goal.

As you've may have noticed, i'm pretty much clueless here and while i'm
indeed asking for too much, just a nudge in the right direction would help
me a lot.