[protege-dev] Add an entire model inside KnowledgeBase/OWL Model

Brice Sommacal brice.sommacal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:14:15 PDT 2014

Hello,

Being done that we will be 2 people working on the same KB ( but we should
not create individuals from the same concepts) AND that we will not be
connected to the same network or even the Internet, we have to find a way
to work on the same KB, at the same time.

In order to support collaboration on the same Knoweldge Base (which import
2 ontologies), we plan to provide a Protégé plugin in order to
export/import some part of the KB.

Going through OWL API for Protégé 3.4/3.5, I did not find a method which
could simply import/add a model into an existing one.
The only thing I may be thinking about is :
   - go throught a RDF file
   - read it inside a model object
   - go through the individuals and create the instance with
createOWLIndividual.

I was expecting a simple way to directly add a submodel.

> Does someone manage this kind of import in a more efficient way?

Note that:
 -  this issue may be related to an other one [1]. Here, I was trying to
delete a submodel from a Knowledge Base programmaticaly but I didn't find
the right methods. The only way I have found, was to read a folder
containing models, and then use removerModel function from Jena.
 - I have had a look at XML Tab plugin which seems to be compliant with my
need, but it seems we can't filter on individuals to export...

> Do you know where can I find more informations about this plugin?

Regards,

Brice

[1]:
https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-user/2014-February/000038.html