[protege-dev] Protege 5.0.0 beta 17: GUI freeze when using Equivalences

David Myers david.myers.scibearspace at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:32:25 PST 2015

Dear Dev list.

I'm using protege for a Uni project, and have a problem when attempting to
create a 'true' representation in my hierarchy.

when I create a new New project After I have created a top level 'Thing'
protege freezes ?

I've attached a copy of the OWL file for the project, and the catalog.xml
that protege has created
And a copy of the log file from the project creation
This is repeatable, If I re-open the file and open the Vehicle.owl file,
add in another 'thing' (in this instance a 'wheel') The freeze will happen
again.

What I've tried

When saving a file there seems to be no 'protege' specific project file
type, is there a prefered outut (I assumed it was using owl as default, is
this the case ?).

I've adjusted the log4j file to log extra info (from 'info' to debug) - and
this throws out a message about the logger having not been initialised ?

I hope that the files I have sent you are useful, if you require more
please just ask.