[protege-dev] Protege 5.0.0 beta 17: GUI freeze when using Equivalences

David Myers david.myers.scibearspace at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:23:45 PST 2015

Hello again.

Follow up for this issue.

So I managed to resolve this issue, it was a problem with my external
keyboard.

How I resolved it.
I have to unplug my keyboard (USB) then log off and log back into my linux
desktop (Debian 8). Then I can edit my file as normal.

Observations.

It was only Protege that had an issue with my keyboard ~ I had started to
edit my OWL file by hand
- not much fun, I'm not a fan of the organisation of the OWL file that is
produced, but that is another story (feel free to ask)...
so I can confirm that my keyboard was working elsewhere.

I also had an opportunity today to test with a bluetooth keyboard, and
again I had the same problem. Again the same solution, disconnect the
bluetooth hook (no it's not an internal adapter), then log off and log back
in.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot further.

Question.
How do I determine if this is an OS level problem, Java VM or a Protege
problem ?

I have the same problem when using version 4.3 ~ by the way I prefere the
4.3  interface.

David