[protege-dev] Import WebProtegè in Eclipse

RICCARDO FELETTO riccardo.feletto at student.unife.it
Tue Dec 15 06:12:41 PST 2015

Thank you for your replies, now i have create the maven runnable but when i
open it in my browser (Firefox 42) it give me
Il 15/12/2015 00:20, Tania Tudorache ha scritto:

> We have updated and migrated the instructions for setting up Protege in
Eclipse on github:
> https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/wiki/Setup-in-Eclipse
<https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/wiki/Setup-in-Eclipse>

> For webprotege, we don't have the instructions for running it using the
GWT plugin in Eclipse, yet. There seem to be all kind of workarounds needed:
> https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WorkingWithMaven
<https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WorkingWithMaven>

> However, you may still compile and debug WebProtege in Eclipse using
maven. Create a maven runnable, and execute the goal gwt:run, and don't
forget to set the data directory, if it is not the default one:

> More information on running WebProtege with maven is here:
> https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/blob/master/readme.md
<https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/blob/master/readme.md>

> Tania
>
> On 12/14/2015 08:58 AM, Simon Spero wrote:

>> I don't use Eclipse, but some of the Stanford team use it as their
preferred environment (Eclipse had more motivated support for OSGI :)

>> Google provides a GWT plugin for Eclipse. Details are available here:
>> http://www.gwtproject.org/usingeclipse.html
<http://www.gwtproject.org/usingeclipse.html>

>> Tania Tudorache is working on an updated protege + Eclipse tutorial,
which may cover Eclipse + GWT debugging.

>> IntelliJ has very nice GWT support; however I believe that this is not
part of the open-sourced Community Edition. An educational license for
IntelliJ Ultimate edition is probably about €99. They also have a program
that provides free licenses to open source projects.