Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-dev] Import WebProtegè in Eclipse

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 15 17:22:05 PST 2015


If you run with with maven, it will use the superdev mode. Just copy the 
configuration from my screenshot for your maven runnable in Eclipse. You 
may need to adjust the data directory to match your setup.

Tania

On 12/15/2015 06:12 AM, RICCARDO FELETTO wrote:
>
> Thank you for your replies, now i have create the maven runnable but 
> when i open it in my browser (Firefox 42) it give me
> Il 15/12/2015 00:20, Tania Tudorache ha scritto:
>
>     >
>     > We have updated and migrated the instructions for setting up
>     Protege in Eclipse on github:
>     > https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/wiki/Setup-in-Eclipse
>     >
>     > For webprotege, we don't have the instructions for running it
>     using the GWT plugin in Eclipse, yet. There seem to be all kind of
>     workarounds needed:
>     > https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WorkingWithMaven
>     >
>     > However, you may still compile and debug WebProtege in Eclipse
>     using maven. Create a maven runnable, and execute the goal
>     gwt:run, and don't forget to set the data directory, if it is not
>     the default one:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > More information on running WebProtege with maven is here:
>     > https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/blob/master/readme.md
>     >
>     > Tania
>     >
>     > On 12/14/2015 08:58 AM, Simon Spero wrote:
>
>         >>
>         >> I don't use Eclipse, but some of the Stanford team use it
>         as their preferred environment (Eclipse had more motivated
>         support for OSGI :)
>         >>
>         >> Google provides a GWT plugin for Eclipse. Details are
>         available here:
>         >> http://www.gwtproject.org/usingeclipse.html
>         <http://www.gwtproject.org/usingeclipse.html>
>         >>
>         >> Tania Tudorache is working on an updated protege + Eclipse
>         tutorial, which may cover Eclipse + GWT debugging.
>         >>
>         >> IntelliJ has very nice GWT support; however I believe that
>         this is not part of the open-sourced Community Edition. An
>         educational license for IntelliJ Ultimate edition is probably
>         about €99. They also have a program that provides free
>         licenses to open source projects.
>         >>
>         >> Details on using gwt with intellij are available here:
>         >> https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/gwt.html
>         <https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/gwt.html>
>         >>
>         >> Simon
>
> We have updated and migrated the instructions for setting up Protege 
> in Eclipse on github:
> https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/wiki/Setup-in-Eclipse
>
> For webprotege, we don't have the instructions for running it using 
> the GWT plugin in Eclipse, yet. There seem to be all kind of 
> workarounds needed:
> https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WorkingWithMaven
>
> However, you may still compile and debug WebProtege in Eclipse using 
> maven. Create a maven runnable, and execute the goal gwt:run, and 
> don't forget to set the data directory, if it is not the default one:
>
>
>
>
> More information on running WebProtege with maven is here:
> https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/blob/master/readme.md
>
> Tania
>
> On 12/14/2015 08:58 AM, Simon Spero wrote:
>>
>> I don't use Eclipse, but some of the Stanford team use it as their 
>> preferred environment (Eclipse had more motivated support for OSGI :)
>>
>> Google provides a GWT plugin for Eclipse. Details are available here:
>> http://www.gwtproject.org/usingeclipse.html
>>
>> Tania Tudorache is working on an updated protege + Eclipse tutorial, 
>> which may cover Eclipse + GWT debugging.
>>
>> IntelliJ has very nice GWT support; however I believe that this is 
>> not part of the open-sourced Community Edition. An educational 
>> license for IntelliJ Ultimate edition is probably about €99. They 
>> also have a program that provides free licenses to open source projects.
>>
>> Details on using gwt with intellij are available here:
>> https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/gwt.html
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> On Dec 14, 2015 10:40 AM, "Riccardo" 
>> <riccardo.feletto at student.unife.it 
>> <mailto:riccardo.feletto at student.unife.it>> wrote:
>>
>>     Dear,
>>     i'm trying to import the webprotege project (downloaded in my
>>     local machine by GitHub) in Ecliplse Mars.
>>     But after imported the project into Eclipse using the Maven
>>     project import command i don't know how to run it using my local
>>     Tomcat7 server.
>>     Could you please give me a solution for this problem or a guide
>>     for import the project in any IDE for compiling and debug it?
>>
>>
>>     I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
>>
>>     Riccardo Feletto
>>     _______________________________________________
>>     protege-dev mailing list
>>     protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu
>>     <mailto:protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu>
>>     https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> protege-dev mailing list
>> protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu <mailto:protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu>
>> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-dev mailing list
> protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu <mailto:protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-dev mailing list
> protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-dev/attachments/20151215/d6efd467/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/png
Size: 112144 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-dev/attachments/20151215/d6efd467/attachment.png>


More information about the protege-dev mailing list