[protege-dev] Programming with Protege

snair at caltech.edu snair at caltech.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:02:33 PDT 2015

Hello,

My name is Suraj Nair and I am a student who is new to working with
Protege. I have a few questions regarding writing stand alone programs
that work with Protege. I have downloaded both Protege 4 and 5 and I
understand how create and edit ontologies within the editor. However, I am
trying to write some simple programs that interact with the Java code that
the editor generates. For example, if I simply wanted to print the names
and annotations of all individuals with a certain property, I think I
understand how to write the program, except when I try and build a
MyFactory Object, I get errors saying that the files that MyFactory
imports do not exist. I believe I might be missing some source code
however when I tried to follow the link to the additional source code form
the Protege User's Guide, the webpage could not be located. Any

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Suraj Nair