[protege-dev] [WebProtege] problems with file encodings

zhbankova e.n.zhbankova at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:22:06 PDT 2015

I run WebProtege 2.5.0 on Windows 8 with Apache Tomcat 8.0.22 and MongoDB
3.0.3.

I need to use Cyrillic symbols in my ontology. When I create a new label
with Cyrillic symbols, everything seems fine. Also, I can download OWL/XML
which is totally readable too.
The problems start when:
1) I upload the same OWL/XML file I just downloaded back as a new ontology
or
2) restart Apache Tomcat.
In these two cases all Cyrillic symbols are changed to �.
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663179/Screenshot_1.jpg>

I've tried:
1) starting Apache with parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
2) inserting mime mappings into web.xml of apache and webprotege both
	<mime-mapping>
        	<extension>html</extension>
        	<mime-type>text/html;charset=UTF-8</mime-type>
	</mime-mapping>
	<mime-mapping>
		<extension>owx</extension>
		<mime-type>text/html;charset=UTF-8</mime-type>
	</mime-mapping>
3) changing server.xml config:
    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
And none of this helps.