Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-dev] [WebProtege] problems with file encodings

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 30 10:22:52 PDT 2015


Hi, 

Just to let you know, this issue is related to this here:

https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/157

Cheers,

Matthew

> On 29 Jun 2015, at 09:51, Лиза Жбанкова <e.n.zhbankova at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I'm sorry for bothering you with another mail, but strangely enough, I've managed to fix the issue by myself.
> 
> So if anyone ever encounters the same problem, here's what helped me to fix the encoding issue:
> 
> 1) Get the source code of WebProtege 2.5.0 (https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/releases/tag/v2.5.0 <https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/releases/tag/v2.5.0>)
> 2) Add <project.reporting.outputEncoding>UTF-8</project.reporting.outputEncoding> to properties in pom.xml
> 3) Change binaryowl version from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 in dependencies in the same pom.xml
> 4) Build the source with Maven to webprotege-2.5.0.war
> 5) Replace original war file in Apache's webapps folder with the new one.
> 
> Now everything works fine.
> 
> 
> On 29 June 2015 at 14:22, zhbankova <e.n.zhbankova at gmail.com <mailto:e.n.zhbankova at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > I run WebProtege 2.5.0 on Windows 8 with Apache Tomcat 8.0.22 and MongoDB
> > 3.0.3.
> >
> > I need to use Cyrillic symbols in my ontology. When I create a new label
> > with Cyrillic symbols, everything seems fine. Also, I can download OWL/XML
> > which is totally readable too.
> > The problems start when:
> > 1) I upload the same OWL/XML file I just downloaded back as a new ontology
> > or
> > 2) restart Apache Tomcat.
> > In these two cases all Cyrillic symbols are changed to �.
> > <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663179/Screenshot_1.jpg <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663179/Screenshot_1.jpg>>
> >
> > I've tried:
> > 1) starting Apache with parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
> > 2) inserting mime mappings into web.xml of apache and webprotege both
> >         <mime-mapping>
> >                 <extension>html</extension>
> >                 <mime-type>text/html;charset=UTF-8</mime-type>
> >         </mime-mapping>
> >         <mime-mapping>
> >                 <extension>owx</extension>
> >                 <mime-type>text/html;charset=UTF-8</mime-type>
> >         </mime-mapping>
> > 3) changing server.xml config:
> >     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
> >                connectionTimeout="20000"
> >                redirectPort="8443"
> >                URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
> > And none of this helps.
> > What do I do now? Any suggestions?
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/WebProtege-problems-with-file-encodings-tp4663179.html <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/WebProtege-problems-with-file-encodings-tp4663179.html>
> > Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > _______________________________________________
> > protege-dev mailing list
> > protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu <mailto:protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu>
> > https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev <https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev>_______________________________________________
> protege-dev mailing list
> protege-dev at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-dev

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-dev/attachments/20150630/016fe2ee/attachment.html>


More information about the protege-dev mailing list