[protege-dev] WebProtégé - update object property frame inverses

Karl Hammar karl at karlhammar.com
Fri May 8 03:30:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

In light of this, if I want to to modify inverses of object properties (or
do other manipulation of properties and/or classes), in my own custom
portlets, where would you recommend I do this? I thought that by reusing
the existing services and actions instead of creating my own service, I
could save myself a bit of work and be more compliant with the existing
practices in WebProtégé. Indeed, if your plans are to have WebProtégé be
extensible (I don't know if this is a design goal) then providing a
somewhat stable service-level API open for developers to reuse may be worth
considering?

If however the existing dispatch service actions are only intended to be
used by the specific UI functionality that the built-in portlet set
provides, and are not intended or planned to be more generally reusable by
other devs/customizers, then I'll have to do a bit of refactoring for the
sake of future-proofing my work (basically put more things into my own
custom service). That won't be a problem for me, but it would be nice to
know what your plans are with regard to this so I can make the right choice.

Cheers,

/Karl