[protege-dev] WebProtégé - deprecation of EntityData class

Karl Hammar karl at karlhammar.com
Thu May 21 06:58:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm a bit curious as to the future plans for the EntityData and Selectable
interfaces in WebProtégé. In some of the work I'm doing I need to pass
around things between portlets (e.g., employing the Selectable interfaces)
which aren't necessarily OWL constructs, but rather URIs and strings, among
other things for search engine integration purposes. I've so far been using
EntityData objects, as supported by Selectable, for this. That is perhaps
not ideal given the naming/purpose of the EntityData class, but it works
all the same. However, the deprecation warnings on EntityData scare me a
little.. so any comments on what's going to happen here in the future?

/Karl