[protege-dev] WebProtégé - deprecation of EntityData class

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at stanford.edu
Thu May 21 13:30:26 PDT 2015

Hi Karl,

Please don’t use any EntityData related structures at all.  They will be removed at some point.

The mechanism for selection has also changed (you’ll find the changes in master) and it’s likely to evolve further.  It’s possible that we could broaden the scope, but the selection mechanism is only really meant to apply to entities.

I suppose what you could do with is the ability to inject an arbitrary object into a portlet when it’s constructed.  Unfortunately, this isn’t possible with the current infrastructure (it is actually possible in an incubator version of webprotege, but this is ages away from seeing the light of day).  I’ll have a think of a way around this.  Can you elaborate on your use case?  Do you need a common object per project, per application or both?

Cheers,

Matthew