[protege-dev] WebProtégé - deprecation of EntityData class

Karl Hammar karl at karlhammar.com
Thu May 21 23:59:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

My use case is that I have a search engine portlet that searches for and
returns Ontology Design Patterns, represented in that portlet by IRI,
label, and confidence score. I have another portlet which displays the
Ontology Design Pattern metadata details, which are retrieved from the
back-end through a service call using the IRI. I need the search portlet to
notify the metadata details portlet that selection changed, and that the
new selection is a certain IRI. As I mentioned, I have used the Selectable
interface to do this, by passing EntityData objects that were reused in a
not-quite-supported-manner. I'll probably refactor this and implement my
own selection mechanism for this use case instead if the use of EntityData
in this manner is discouraged (the Selectable interface/pattern isn't
really rocket science, so reimplementing something like that myself, but
passing IRI:s instead, is simple enough).

/Karl