[protege-dev] Newbie workflow enquiry

Wesley Wang hchingwong at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:04:22 PDT 2015

Hello,

I followed the guide to compile protege and everything worked.
But so far have no luck in importing to eclipse, for some reason some
dependencies are not getting resolved.

Extract the zip file under ide folder.
MVN involved from commandline worked fine it compiled.
Dependencies were downloaded and getting resolved by mvn checked m2 folder
it just that eclipse failed to recognise so.
org.junit
org.protege.owlapi

Someone familiar with eclipse environment give me some insight.
Am I missing something or perhaps this packaging issue?

I also go open protege.editor.owl's pom file and went to the dependencies
tab
They are actually there, junit and protege-owlapi-extentions (I assume
that's "org.protege.owlapi"'s package that eclipse failed to import?) am
very new to java at this point I don't know what more to do to troubleshoot
:-(

Best Regards -
Wes

some of eclipse's complaint
###
Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Before cannot be resolved to a type
ActiveOntologyLocationStrategy_TestCase.java    /Protege (import to
workspace)/org.protege.editor.owl/src/test/java/org/protege/editor/owl/model/axiom
line 32    Java Problem
Before cannot be resolved to a type
AnnotationPropertyComparator_TestCase.java    /Protege (import to
workspace)/org.protege.editor.owl/src/test/java/org/protege/editor/owl/model/entity
line 55    Java Problem
ChildClassExtractor cannot be resolved to a type
AssertedClassHierarchyProvider.java    /Protege (import to
workspace)/org.protege.editor.owl/src/main/java/org/protege/editor/owl/model/hierarchy
line 61    Java Problem
ChildClassExtractor cannot be resolved to a type
AssertedClassHierarchyProvider.java    /Protege (import to
workspace)/org.protege.editor.owl/src/main/java/org/protege/editor/owl/model/hierarchy
line 91    Java Problem