[protege-dev] View interop in Desktop Protégé

Karl Hammar Karl.Hammar at ju.se
Sun Oct 23 08:38:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

I’m looking to wire up two dependent views (inheriting from AbstractOWLViewComponent) in Desktop Protégé. What I’m aiming to achieve is that a selection event in one of the views will propagate to some handlers in the other view. I will be selecting either Strings or java.net<http://java.net>.URI:s (the result of some search operations) depending on what is easiest to achieve.

What would be the recommended way of achieving this? Does Desktop Protégé have something easy like like WebProtégé’s getPortletByClassName() method I could use to get a reference to the other view, or should I try to iterate over the views via the getViewsPane() method on OWLWorkspaceViewsTab?

In the latter case, at what point do I know it is safe to do this, and that my views have actually been rendered so that there is something there to find? Can it be done already in a custom tab’s overridden initialise() method?

Best regards,

Karl Hammar

--

Karl Hammar, Tekn. Lic., M.Sc.
Programme Manager, Software Engineering and Mobile Platforms