[protege-dev] Exception and problems when using getSelectedObject()

Leila Bayoudhi bayoudhileila at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 5 03:57:25 PST 2017

But, I tried to select a property and the error remains the same.

 Objet: Re: [protege-dev] Exception and problems when using getSelectedObject()
 À: protege-dev at mailman.Stanford.EDU
 Date: Dimanche 5 février 2017, 11h44

     Ehm, a NullPointerException should be obvious...

     if no property is selected resp. the last was
 unselected, the
     returned value will be NULL of course.

     Hi,
       I am developing a protege plugin and I want to get the
 selected
       object property from an
 owlobjectPropertySelectorPanel, So I
       introduced this line to check such requirement
       JLabel lab=new
 JLabel(objectPropPanel.getSelectedObject().asOWLObjectProperty().getIRI().getFragment());An
       exception at this line was raised(captured from the
 console or
       log)
       NullPointerException: null ..... (XYZ.java:81)
         Could you please help me, was my use of
 getSelectedObject is
         incorrect?
         Thank you in advance.

           and problems when using getSelectedObject()

         Sent from the Protege
           Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

 Lorenz Bühmann
 AKSW group, University of Leipzig
 Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web
 research center