[protege-dev] Ontology Performance (Talya)

Manuel Enrique Puebla Martinez mpuebla at uci.cu
Thu Feb 23 12:36:53 PST 2017

 Hi Talya

  The evaluation of large ontologies is an open research problem today, in the literature there are several authors who have given their opinion about it. Most tools load the ontology, in an integral way, into RAM, which generates problems of scalability and performance.

I suggest you check out the OOPS (Ontology Pitfall Scanner) tool, which is the result of María Poveda's doctoral research (2016). With "OOPS" I managed to evaluate my big ontology, removing the asercciones property (leaving individuals)

Here the tool url:   http://oops.linkeddata.es/

Greetings, Manuel.

On 02/22/2017 11:58 AM, Talya wrote:
> Hello,
> Please how may I check the performance and the complexity of my ontology.
> NB: my ontology is a big ontology with more than 1000 instances.
> thanks in advance for helping me
> Good night

La @universidad_uci es Fidel. Los jóvenes no fallaremos.
#HastaSiempreComandante