[protege-dev] inference engine and rules

Lorenz B. buehmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jan 4 01:56:10 PST 2017

It is not clear HOW you interact with the ontology.

OWL API? Which version?
Which reasoner? Which version?
If Drools, how? Which API? Show the relevant code.
How to you use SPARQL on an OWL ontology? And why?
WHAT does not work as expected?

If you're OWL ontology contains 10 SWRL rules, then ALL rules will be
used during inference. There is no way to focus on a single rule, as far
as I know. If you have the rules separately, you would have to use a
single rule and compute all the inferences again. But without seeing
code and knowing about the used APIs, no way to give more details.

You see, you provided almost no information...

> Hello,
> Really, I don't have an answer.
> what I know that I used protege to create and execute my SWRL rules based on
> Drools engine. and then through the Java application I just interact with my
> ontology with SPARQL queries.
> For example, I create 10 SWRL rules. How may I indicate that I want to
> execute rule n°5 and not others.
> through Java code how may I do this.
> I asked my question in protege because as a developer, you have created
> several plug-ins (SWRLAPI, OWLAPI, etc.) and language (SQWRL, SPARQL, SWRL,)
> and you have proposed some Java code for example how to interact with
> ontology based on reasoner.
> So I think maybe I can use these plugins and language for my need. but I
> succeed only to execute SPARQL or SQWRL rules.
> but, If this is not related to protege so please help me with another group
> or forum.
> Thanks

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig