[protege-dev] inference engine and rules

Lorenz B. buehmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jan 5 02:34:15 PST 2017

In the step before you added data to the ontology. This will affect the
inference process, thus:

IF the query engine has an ontology change listener (Martin O'Connor
should know this), simply run the query again, i.e. call

queryEngine.runSQWRLQuery(...)

> Hello,
> Yes, all the three steps are ok.
> the last step, how may I execute the SWRL rule another time (in order to
> take into account the new user) without go back to protege.
>  I want to reactivate the inference engine once I add new users using Java
> code and not protege.
> as I tell you we suppose that I don't know protege, ontology, SWRL, etc....
> I have only a graphical interface first I add the new student and second I
> want to know his mention.
> How may I update the execution of SWRL rule for the new student
> Hope it is clear now
> Thanks

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig