[protege-dev] inference engine and rules

Martin O'Connor sunid at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 12 07:26:04 PST 2017

The SWRLAPI’s reasoner does not respond to active ontology changes. Reasoning is performed when the SWRLRuleEngine.infer() method is called and the process terminates when all inferences have been made. If new knowledge is added to the associated ontology then the user is responsible for calling the infer() method again.

Martin