[protege-dev] Need help using Apache Jena libraries

Simon Spero sesuncedu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:52:45 PST 2017

A bit late now, but...

The protégé framework launcher will automatically install  and start
bundles from the bundles and plugins directories. If your bundle imports
some packages from Jena, and a Jena OSGI bundle that exports those package
with compatible versions, the framework will wire up those packages for
you.

It is generally not good practice to embed dependencies inside the bundle.
That doesn't mean it isn't the most common practice though.

Protégé installs and starts the log4j-over-slf4j bundle, which exports the
log4j api, so any imports for those classes from other bundles should be
getting wired correctly.

Simon