[protege-dev] Debugging a Protege plugin in Eclipse IDE?

Axel Reymonet axel.reymonet at actia.fr
Mon Mar 12 07:25:49 PDT 2018

Hello all,

After several months, I have worked on all non-GUI portions of my plugin code and got quite well acquainted with the OWL API.

I am now trying to develop the GUI part and I managed to setup a debuggable project in Eclipse!

However, I seem to have additional problems with build paths: beforehand I split my code into a “core” java project (used by other non-plugin projects) and the plugin itself, which refers to the first project. When initializing the plugin, I get a “java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation” on the OWLOntologyManager class. Apparently it is due to the fact that both the plugin AND my core project need the same libraries but the framework fails at loading the same class twice.

I’m very new to the OSGi framework and have no clue on the best way to go: the easiest solution would be to merge both projects I guess, but I find it quite inelegant…

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Axel