[protege-dev] Java API for Snap SPARQL, not just the Protege plugin?

Kenny Cason Kenneth.Cason at radiancetech.com
Thu May 16 12:41:33 PDT 2019

Is there a Snap SPARQL API for Java that takes a query string (formatted like the default query in the Protégé plugin) and returns the results?

For example:

String myQuery =
"PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>" +
"PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>" +
"PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> " +
" " +
"SELECT ?x (STR(?lab) AS ?label) WHERE { " +
"    ?x rdf:type owl:Class . " +
"    OPTIONAL {?x rdfs:label ?lab} " +
"}" +
"ORDER BY ?label";

ResultSet myResultSet = magicalSnapSparqlEngine.getResults(myQuery);

This is what it looks like from the Protégé Snap SPARQL plugin:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D50BF5.7F00CE70]

FYI: I have a query working that uses the de.derivo.sparqldlapi but takes a differently formatted string as input (as far as I can tell).

de.derivo.sparqldlapi example:

   final String query_string = query_prefix +
            "SELECT *\n" +
            "WHERE { \n" +
            "Type(?myPizza, ont:pizza),\n" +
            "Type(?myEffect, ont:effect),\n" +
            "Type(?myGastroProblem, ont:gastroproblem),\n" +

            "PropertyValue(?classD, ont:hasEffect, ?myEffect),\n" +
            "PropertyValue(?classD, ont:exhibits, ?myGastroProblem)\n" +
            "};

I need this to be formatted more like what the Snap SPARQL plugin takes as input, so I can test it in Protégé before committing it to Java code:

   final String query_string = query_prefix +
            "SELECT *\n" +
            "WHERE { \n" +
            "?myPizza a ont:pizza .\n" +
            "?myEffect a ont:effect .\n" +
            "?myGastroProblem a ont:gastroproblem .\n" +

            "?classD ont:hasEffect ?myEffect .\n" +
            "?classD ont:exhibits ?myGastroProblem .\n" +
            "};

Thanks,

-Kenny Cason, CISSP
Radiance Technologies