[protege-discussion] Day from computer.

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Sat Nov 4 08:49:09 PST 2006

Make sure that you've installed the date widget in the correct location.
When you unzipped the file from the Wiki, you need to preserve the path
information so that you have a directory structure like the following:

<your-protege-install-dir>/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.date

1).  Create a slot of type String.  More details here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/get_started/create_slot_at_slots_tab.html

2).  Attach the slot to your desired class.  More details here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/get_started/assign_slot_to_class.html

3).  Assign the date widget to the slot that you created.
a). Go to the Forms tab.
b). Select the class that you attached the slot to.
c). On the right, select the slot that you created.
d). In the selected widget type combo box, select the date widget to assign
it to your slot.

This process is detailed in the User's Guide, which has outdated screenshots
but you can get the general idea:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/forms/widget_type_menu.html

Once you start creating instances of your class, the value of the slot that
you assigned the date widget to will be auto-filled with the date.

Jennifer