[protege-discussion] Bad interaction between Facet Constraints Tab, template values in slots?

Richard Dunlap rdunlap at asinc.com
Mon Nov 13 12:01:02 PST 2006

In a new Protege-Frames project:

* Create a class TestClass.

* Add to TestClass a new template slot testSlot, leaving the value type
as String, and set a template value for the slot (e.g. "testValue").

* Create an instance of TestClass -- as expected (I hope :-) ), the
instance has one value slot with the unchangeable value "testValue".
Good so far.

*  Open up the Facet Constraints Tab and check the facet constraints of
all classes.  The previously created instance is tagged as an instance
with a violation.  Not so good.

Has anyone run across this behavior or something related before?  Is
there a reason, perhaps, that the observed behavior is correct?

We've also noticed that the FacetConstraintsTab is marked as no longer
supported on the Wiki and that the source code apparently needs to be
downloaded separately from the various packages.  Is there a different,
better tab widget to solve the problem "give me a list of my red boxes"?

Thanks!

-- Richard Dunlap