[protege-discussion] Bad interaction between Facet Constraints Tab, template values in slots?

Richard Dunlap rdunlap at asinc.com
Mon Nov 13 14:10:47 PST 2006

To follow up with a diagnosis and fix:

The problem occurred when the slot had multiplicity 1; when multiple
values were allowed, the problem went away.  This suggested that in the
single-value case, the template value was being pulled twice, once as a
template value and once as an own value: changing
FacetConstraintsValidator.GetTemplateAndOwnSlotValues, which reads

{
       Collection val, val2, t, t2;
       t = c.getTemplateSlotValues(st);
       val = new ArrayList(t);
       t2 = i.getOwnSlotAndSubslotValues(st);
       val2 = new ArrayList(t2);
       val2.addAll(val);
       return val2;
}

to read

{ return i.getOwnSlotAndSubslotValues(st); }

appears to have solved the problem.

-- Richard Dunlap