[protege-discussion] :a problem from OWL to CQ Server database

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 14 15:28:43 PST 2006

Haibo,

wang haibo wrote:
> Now We have generated some OWL files, and want to import them into CQ
> Sever database. Of Course Protege could realize the function. But
> these OWL files are so big that it is hard to open by Protege.
Have you looked at the scalability and tuning page on our Wiki and tried
any of the suggestions for increasing the heap size?

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ScalabilityAndTuning

> So we hope there are some methods or tools which could import OWL file
> into CQ Server database directly.
I don't know anything about CQ, but there are open source APIs for
parsing OWL files such as Jena (http://jena.sourceforge.net/) and
WonderWeb (http://wonderweb.man.ac.uk/owl/).

In the future, please post OWL-related questions on the protege-owl
mailing list.

Jennifer