[protege-discussion] executable

Stefan Göhring stefan.goehring at gmx.de
Wed Nov 29 07:19:39 PST 2006

Hey Soren!
I assume you mean accessing an ontology by your own program by "make
executable version". There are several ontology APIs, like Jena
(http://jena.sf.net) or the one Protege uses: Protege-OWL
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html) (both in Java)
with which you can access ontologies.

If you are really interested in implementing your own ontology API you
should take a look at the model and API of the existing ones and
orientate your implementation on these.

Stefan