[protege-discussion] executable

Peter Soren p1soren at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 02:07:41 PST 2006

Thank you for information, Stefan.
  I meant on making file like ontology.exe or similar that can start by itself without Protege. I am making ontology in Protege-Frames editor, not OWL, so I guess that Protege-OWL API isn't for me. I am still not very good in Java, so I need an advice about the simplest way to do that. This is because I would like to make a small test example to see whether I can proceed with my work in Protege. Thanks again.

  Peter

Stefan Göhring <stefan.goehring at gmx.de> wrote:
  Hey Soren!
I assume you mean accessing an ontology by your own program by "make
executable version". There are several ontology APIs, like Jena
(http://jena.sf.net) or the one Protege uses: Protege-OWL
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html) (both in Java)
with which you can access ontologies.

If you are really interested in implementing your own ontology API you
should take a look at the model and API of the existing ones and
orientate your implementation on these.

Stefan