[protege-discussion] using Ontoclean in Protege

Laurent Prevot prevot at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Oct 5 02:48:58 PDT 2006

Hi Valerie,

In case you are using a Protege ontology, make sure you followed the
instructions (for which step do you encounter difficulties?):

 From the website:
"

    * Make sure you have installed the PAL Constraints tab
      <http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/paltabs/PAL_tabs.html>
    * Include
      <http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/including_a_project.html>
      the OntoClean ontology in your project
    * Change the metaclass of your top-level classes
      <http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/classes/metaclasses/change_meta.html>
      and their subclasses
      <http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/classes/metaclasses/change_meta_sub.html>
      to "OntoClean property." If you know that your class is a type, a
      quasi-type, a phased sortal, etc., you can change its metaclass to
      any of these more specific subclasses of "OntoClean property."
      Then some of the values for metaproperties will be set automatically.
    * Set appropriate values for meta-properties for your classes
    * Use the PAL Constraints tab to verify your constraints"

In case you are using Protege-OWL or just to have more updated info, check:

 http://www.ontoclean.org/

 It includes an OWL version of ontoclean.

 Bonne chance!

Laurent.