[protege-discussion] Re : using Ontoclean in Protege

vbertaud at aol.com vbertaud at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 06:08:07 PDT 2006

Thank you Laurent  for your clear advise. But I still don't manage to assign metaproperties to my classes.

My Protege ontology is in owl.

Step 1: I have installed the PAL Constraint Tab (Project menu, Configure)

Step 2: I included the Ontoclean Ontology in my project. There is no "Include" option in the "Project Menu" as stated in  <http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/including_a_project.html>. I used the "Import Ontology" option in the Metadata tab. I imported the ontoclean owl ontology (ontoclean-dl-v1.owl) in my ontology.

Step 3: I don't manage to change the metaclass of my top-level classes because there is no "Change Metaclass of class" option in the menu. As explaned in http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/classes/metaclasses/change_meta.html>, there should be an option "Change Metaclass".
This option does exist when using a protege frame ontology.

I wonder if Ontoclean can be used in a Protege OWL Ontology.

Best Regards

Valerie

Dr Valérie BERTAUD
Chirurgien-Dentiste
Ancienne Assistante Hospitalo-Universitaire de la Faculté Dentaire de Rennes
Attaché Hospitalier
Doctorante en Informatique Médicale

vbertaud at aol.com
06-76-66-28-62