[protege-discussion] Ontology Maintenance

Siusta siusta0306 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 20:22:03 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody,

  Let me introduce myself, my name is Lintang Yuniar  Banowosari, just call me Lintang, I come from Gunadarma  University, Depok (close to Jakarta) Indonesia.  Now, i am doing my study in Phd Program in Information  Technology Program ,Gunadarma   University. My research  interest is Ontology Maintenance, espcecially with Semantic Similarty approach  in P2P environment.
           But , i still in the very beginning of the research.  Up to now ..i have not  clear understanding of the term  "ontology maintenance" itself.   Is it a step of ontology development (Just like in SDLC, there is a  maintenance step of the system development)?
           Is it true if i say that : Maintenance of ontology can use  some approaches.  The approaches in  general are:
      •           mapping,  where one ontology mapped to other ontology
      •           merging,  where two or more ontology joined become an ontology
      •           alignment,  where ontology adjustment caused by change or adjustment of concept and  knowledge.  ??
           If there is anybody have some SOURCES that contain the information of  "ontology maintenance" issue,   it would be helpfull for me.
           And if everybody do not mind, please kindly share with me.
       Any help (working examples, personal experience etc) in this regard will be highly appreciated.

      Thank you for your time,

      Kindly reply my email

      Best Regards,
           --