[protege-discussion] NumberFormatException during installation!

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 09:04:09 PDT 2006

I've tried several of the Linux installers on the Protégé download
page, but they always fail with this:

$ sh install_protege.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

An internal LaunchAnywhere application error has occured and this application cannot proceed. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: invalid character at position 1 in @\h:
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.util.Properties.load(libgcj.so.7)
   at com.zerog.common.java.util.PropertiesUtil.loadProperties(DashoA8113)
   at com.zerog.lax.LAX.<init>(DashoA8113)
   at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)

This is a current Ubuntu system with the Sun JDK 1.5.0_05.  I've
googled around for this error but can't find any information.  Has
anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam