[protege-discussion] Can I use my own database tables?

Fred nfredyao at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 14:29:51 PDT 2006

I'm new to Protege.  We have quite a few Oracle database tables used by our
proprietary Taxonomy appliation and other applications.  We are thinking of
migrating to Protege.  Besides the Protege, our other applications will still
need the access to these tables.  I have a few questions:

1.  Can we still use our own tables in Protege for our ontology contents?
2.  If we can, how can we access the content of these tables?
    Do we use APIs, PlugIns, or somthing else?

Thank you for your answers.

Fred