[protege-discussion] Question on some old classes/methods

Mark Feblowitz MarkFeblowitz at comcast.net
Mon Oct 16 07:22:51 PDT 2006

I'm trying to get the Mayo
<http://informatics.mayo.edu/LexGrid/index.php?page=protege>LexGrid<http://informatics.mayo.edu/LexGrid/index.php?page=protege>
Protege in Eclipse (July 2004) running for the current Protege
Beta.  Remarkably, virtually all of it works with no modification.

Not so remarkably, the Metadata Tab does not.

The two exceptions noted at startup are:

Can't load log handler "edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.FileHandler"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.FileHandler
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.FileHandler
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:492)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:327)
and
WARNING: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.createOntologyBrowserHeader(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.metadatatab.OWLMetadataTab.createMainPanel(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.metadatatab.OWLMetadataTab.initialize(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.widget.WidgetUtilities.createTabWidget(Unknown
Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.addTab(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.createTabbedPane(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor$SwingFrameAccess.init(LgProtegeEditor.java:180)

at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor.getSwingFrame(LgProtegeEditor.java:338)

at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor$SwingInitThread.run(LgProtegeEditor.java:266)

The only change needed to remove compilation errors was to replace
detachCurrentTab() with detachCurrentView().

I understand that the Metadata tab has changed significantly from
2004. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this issue?

Also, when navigating the Instances tab, I see the words "LOST
GENERATOR" pop up on the console. I'm not sure what the significance
of this is.

Thanks,

Mark