[protege-discussion] Build Questions (was Re: Question on some old classes/methods)

Mark Feblowitz MarkFeblowitz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 07:12:39 PDT 2006

My prior questions had to do with my efforts to update the LexGrid
"Protege in Eclipse" project. All seems to be well, with the
exception of the Protege Owl Plugin's Metadata Tab.

I'm trying to debug and have the need to debug the source of Protege.
I've imported the Protege core, but have a persistent problem with
two build errors:

         The project was not built since its build path is
incomplete. Cannot find the class file for
javax.swing.plaf.metal.DefaultMetalTheme.
The type javax.swing.plaf.metal.DefaultMetalTheme cannot be resolved.
It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
Protege/src/edu/stanford/smi/protege/util  ProtegePlasticTheme.java
I'm using the IBM 1.5 JRE. When I switch to the Sun 1.5 JRE, I get 4
errors about
"Parser cannot be resolved to at type"
and 42 errors about
jThe declared package "javax.swing.plaf.metal" does not match the
expected package "edu.stanford.smi.protege.util"

I'm doing this work within ecplise 3.2.0

What should I be using for my JRE? Any additional jars in the build
path needed to reference javax.swing.plaf.metal.DefaultMetalTheme?

Thanks,

Mark