[protege-discussion] how to pass parameters to listeners

field nb_protege at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 19:32:43 PDT 2006

Hi everyone, thanks for reading my question.

We have a web system built on protege. It has a function to enable users to
login the system and make changes to the knowledgebase. And We are using
listeners to automatically record all changes made to the knowledgebase.

Now I meet a problem. We want to store the modifor's name with each change
record. The modifor's name will be the user name at the application level. But
listeners are at the knowledgebase level. How can I pass the user name from
application level to the listeners?

For example, when the value of a slot is changed, the method
ownSlotValueChanged(FrameEvent event) in FrameListener is triggered. How can I
pass the user name at application level into this method? If I have to
overwrite something, what is the best way to do it?

Any help is appreciated!