[protege-discussion] Error change from 3.0 to 3.2

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:01:17 PDT 2006

Rainer,

We are not supporting the RDF Backend anymore. This plugin has been
developed a long time ago for one of the first versions of Protege and
the developer is not working at Stanford anymore. However, we are
planing on providing a better RDF(S) support in the Protege 4 version.

Until then, you can use the OWL/RDF backend to edit RDF(S) files without
loosing your sub-models structure. You can use the owl import mechanism
to mimic the project inclusion in frames. You can create an *.rdfs file
that contains your classes definitions and then import it into an *.rdf
file that contain the instances.

The created content will be RDF(S). For example the classes will be
rdfs:Class-es and the properties will be rdf:Property-ies. However, if
you use the owl import mechanism you will see the owl:import statement
in the rdf file, which is in the end also rdf. Besides that, all the
content will be "pure" RDF(S).

Tania