[protege-discussion] how to pass parameters to listeners

Robert Calin-Jageman rcalinjageman at gsu.edu
Tue Oct 24 18:26:36 PDT 2006

This is helpful; we've actually been hijacking some of the code in the
ChangeManagement plugin to learn how to accomplish the logging we need.

The problem, however, arises in a multi-user environment.  Specifically,
we've written a web-based editing interface to allow multiple users to
work on the knowledgebase.  A single instance of the knowledgebase is
opened on the server, and users submit edits to it.  The change listener
is attached to the knowledge base level.  When events fire on it, it
reports the server as the user.  We want to try to pass an additional
argument in the event to indicate the local user who triggered the
edit.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Bob