[protege-discussion] Merge Ontology

Mudunuri, Raj Raj.Mudunuri at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Oct 26 04:01:41 PDT 2006

Hi,

Did anyone use the Prompt plugin to merge two ontologies? I'm using it now and tried to merge two ontologies with both the options in Algorithim Configuration checked (Compare sources and Approximate match for names) which indicates that it gets slower... my ontologies are very small, each of them having a maximum of 50 concepts (excluding the SWRL concepts)...

I started the merging 2 hrs ago and it still is processing for computing the approximate match...

Can some one tell me whether there is any information abt the amount of time that it takes depending on the size of the ontology and so on... I don't know whether the Prompt is still trying to merge the ontologies or it is just running on and on without any success...

Cheers,
Raj