[protege-discussion] Build Questions (was Re: Question on some old classes/methods)

Mark Feblowitz MarkFeblowitz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 26 15:30:54 PDT 2006

I'll see whether all of the plugins are being referenced properly.

Here's the exception trace:

WARNING: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.createOntologyBrowserHeader(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.metadatatab.OWLMetadataTab.createMainPanel(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.metadatatab.OWLMetadataTab.initialize(Unknown
Source)
at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.widget.WidgetUtilities.createTabWidget(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.addTab(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.createTabbedPane(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectView.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor$SwingFrameAccess.init(LgProtegeEditor.java:184)
at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor.getSwingFrame(LgProtegeEditor.java:342)
at
org.lexgrid.ui.extension.protege.LgProtegeEditor$SwingInitThread.run(LgProtegeEditor.java:270)

The
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.importstree.ImportsTreePanel.createOntologyBrowserHeader
method looks for a current project (doesn't exist yet) and barfs:

     protected HeaderComponent createOntologyBrowserHeader() {
         String projName =
ProjectManager.getProjectManager().getCurrentProject().getName();
         JLabel label = ComponentFactory.createLabel(projName,
                                                     Icons.getProjectIcon(),
                                                     SwingConstants.LEFT);
         String forProject =
LocalizedText.getText(ResourceKey.CLASS_BROWSER_FOR_PROJECT_LABEL);
         String classBrowser = "Ontology Browser";
         HeaderComponent headerComponent = new
HeaderComponent(classBrowser, forProject, label);
         headerComponent.setColor(Colors.getFacetColor());
         return headerComponent;
     }

This was invoked (indirectly) from the call:

p = new Project(FileName, errs);

Followed by the call

pv = new ProjectView(p);

That's there the fun begins :-)