[protege-discussion] Display and edit Protege project SelectableTree

Tobias Rau tobias.rau at biotronik.com
Thu Oct 26 23:31:12 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a java plugin for Protege, which allows me to
manipulate entries
without having to care about all those poppup windows (and their correct
order):

In case of a formula editor I have instances containng
   - an operator
   - a left slot and a right slot, which again can contain such an
instance

The formula "(A+B) * (C-D)" should look like that:
( * ) ---- ( + ) ----  ( A )
  |             |
  |          ( B )

( - ) --- ( C )

( D )

I found the "SelectableTreeView" to display just something:

ReferenceRoot rr = new ReferenceRoot(knowledgebase, frame, slot);
SelectableTree tree =
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ComponentFactory.createSelectableTree(DoubleClickAction,
rr);

This results into something like this, which looks as if the tree only
cares about one (e.g. the right) slot, which I used to create the
reference root:

> Instance 1
  > Instance 2
    > Instance 3
       > A parameter

I don't think that I'm the first one who tries to use this SelectableTree,

so if you've got any idea or even an example code (!), this would be very
helpful!

Thanks,
Tobias