[protege-discussion] Merge Ontology

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 27 18:04:55 PDT 2006

Raj,

No, it shouldn't take too long to compare 50 concepts -- it should be
virtually instantaneous. Something else is going on.

Could you please be more specific on the steps that you are performing.

> after selecting the 3 ontologies (A and B to be mapped to C) and
> performing merge operation (by pressing the 'click here to begin'
> button), I get the exception in my console:
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt.MappingKnowledgeBase.performSaveMerge
> s< Unknown Source>
> 	at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt.PromptTab$1$1.run<Unknown Source>

It appears that you are specifying C in the third field on the Prompt
tab. Are you? That field is for  the mapping ontology, in case you
have performed the merge before, saved the state, and want to replay
it again. If you are doing it for the first time you need to:
- open C
- specify A and B in the first two fields on the Prompt tab
- leave the optional field empty.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Natasha