[protege-discussion] Protege download

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 30 09:42:03 PST 2006

> I tried to download the full version of Protégé. I tried both version 3.1.1
> and 3.2 beta. However, both times I clicked on the link my web browser
> crashes. I have tried both Firefox version 2.0 and Internet Explorer version
> 6.0.2900, running under Windows XP Pro SP2.
>
> Are there any other prerequisites? Or this a bug with the web site?
>
> Regards
>
> Harry
I apologize that I am not going to be able to help much.  But maybe
someone else on the list recognizes this problem or maybe my comments
will help you try something different that works.

First of all, since the browser *crashed* this has to be a rather
surprising bug in these browsers or a problem with your current
installation of the  os.  I haven't heard of this type of problem so I
don't know what it is.  Secondly, I download off the web site all the
time using a variety of browsers and never had a problem.  I just did a
couple to check and they worked fine.

In terms  of looking at the crash my first suspects would be proxy
settings, a faulty firewall or a faulty virus scanner.