[protege-discussion] Protege download

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:15:46 PST 2006

You can skip the plugin link at the top and just use the download
link (that is appropriate to your machine) below the "available
installers" button.  Using one of these links should rule out a large
number of potential issues (e.g. a firewall that is stripping out
javascript or the wrong version of java installed). The link for
windows essentially direct you straight (for a windows machine) to
the following links:

	http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease/full/InstData/
Windows/VM/install_protege.exe

	http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease/full/InstData/
Windows/NoVM/install_protege.exe

depending on whether you state that you have a jvm or not.

> Definitely not any those suggestions. Absolute no problems in
> downloading
> anything else, either before or after. My AV software, which is
> updated
> hourly, has not detected any malware.

Actually this doesn't rule out these problems.  For example, though
it is not as common any more, some firewalls strip out javascript.
This would be a problem (but not with all web sites).  Also this
doesn't sound like malware, but the av software itself may be
crashing or interfering with the download.  The fact that the browser
*crashes* is a huge hint but I can't figure out what it means yet.

But choose the link below the "Available Installers" button because
this rules a lot of simple stuff out.

-Timothy