[protege-discussion] Error installing Protege on mandriva2007 Free Edition

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:36:52 PST 2006

This is a little tricky but it looks like we can debug it.  It looks
like there are lots of problems running the "sh" portion of the
install script.   Looking at your errors I see errors like this:

> /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot
> open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

This is a funny problem.  The script is complaining about standard
unix utilities such as "awk", "ls", "dirname".  Try "/bin/ls" on the
command line and see if it works.  Seems like it should on most any
linux installation without errors.

So it is not clear why this should fail in the script.  One thing
that might help is to run the installer as follows:

       sh -x install_protege.bin

and send the output if it is not too infinitely long...  If it is
infinitely long send the output up to the /bin/ls error.

-Timothy