[protege-discussion] Missing files in UMLS Tab Source Package

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 6 18:26:41 PDT 2006

Hello Daniel,

The UMLS tab is dependent on the "RemoteKB tab":

Wiki page: http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/remotekbtab/remote_kb_tab.htm
Source code:
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/remotekb-tab/trunk/

If you don't want to checkout and compile the source code for the
RemoteKB tab, you can just download the JAR file (remotekb-tab.jar) from
the Subversion repository and put it on your classpath:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/_binaries/remotekb-tab-bin-3.2.zip

Alternatively, if you have Protege installed somewhere on your machine,
you can grab the JAR file from the following directory:

<protege-install-dir>/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab/remotekb-tab.jar

In general, we only put dependent JAR files in the /trunk/lib/ directory
for a project if the JARs are third-party libraries that are not created
and maintained from within the Protege project, e.g., the owl trunk is
dependent on the protege trunk but we don't store the protege.jar file
in the owl/trunk/lib directory.

Jennifer