[protege-discussion] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Congmin min marlonmin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:10:39 PDT 2006

Hi, Tania:

      I am attaching three files for your testing:
      The .tar.gz contains three owl files I generated. Both are very simple
owl files, only containing one class and a number of instances of this
class. This is just for testing purpose. And three files are quite small:
about 8 MB, 5 MB and 3 MB.

     test.200000.owl: one 'Concept' class and 120000 instances of it
      test.120000.owl: one 'Concept' class and 120000 instances of it
      test.50000.owl: one 'Concept' class and 50000 instances of it

   On my computer I can load test.50000.owl within 2 minutes,
test.120000within 5 minutes, but can't load
test.200000.owl (I waited for 30 minutes). My computer has about 1GB memory.

   If your computer is more powerful than mine, you can use the little
test.cc to generate an ontology with more than 200000 instances of a class,
(you only need to pass a 'number'  you want at the command line when
executing 'a.out' ) and then test agin.

   If I am not doing something wrong, it looks like Protege doen't allow a
class to have a certain number of instances; otherwise, it would have
difficluty in loading the file. This is true to database option.

 If you received this email, please kindly let me know.
Thank you